It’s more than controlling property and distributing your funds. It’s passing along family values, your heritage, your hopes, aspirations, dreams and your goals for generations to come.
- their grandparents’ birthdates and anniversaries?
- any relatives that were in the Armed Forces? The details surrounding those events?
- your family’s values, traditions and religious beliefs?
- your own “growing experiences” in life?
Equally if not more importantly,is the idea of providing detailed information regarding your children and loved ones. Have you considered the importance of:
- a personal letter to the guardians chosen for minor children e.g. (why you chose them, your intentions regarding shcooling, college, religion, etc.)?
- a personal letter to your own children expressing your hopes and desires for them if you are no longer there?
It has been said that most people will leave more detailed instructions for their babysitter than information with respect to their estate plan when they are no longer around.
These are priceless treasures that need to be memorialized now by incorporating them into your estate plan. Let us help you properly plan, protect and preserve not only your “possessions”, but also your “family values and heritage”.